Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Radford Athletics

Radford University wants to improve their: a) acedemics b) athletics. Answer: athletics.

With all the stories about short-changed education funding, Radford University wants to pour "millions of dollars into the athletic department in the form of scholarships, staff and new facilities to improve results on the field and exposure and revenue off of it." Isn't that nice. All the talk about faculity salaries being too low and they want to spend big $$$ on athletics (see link)..

Why? Because the then president Covington wanted to move from the Big South Conference to the Atlantic Sun. More prestige, I guess.

My opinion, if you have $$$ to burn, spend it on acedemic scholarships, pay the teachers a little bit more, and catch up on maintenance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home