Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Pictures and thoughts

These are recent pictures of Mountain Lake in Newport, Virginia. Notice how far the lake has receded.




Think this is caused by global warning? That is not the cause. Some say it is a crack in the bottom of the lake that allows water to escape. But I'm sure the long hot summer helped a little.

I saw this between Pembroke and Blacksburg. I think it should have been used in the tv show "Twin Peaks".


Can someone be pro-life and pro-death penalty? Well I am. Here's why. In abortion, the baby suffers but the baby is always innocent of any crime. When the death penalty is carried out, the person has committed some crime, or crimes, has a trial, and has been found guilty by a jury of his peers. This person is not innocent. Baby = innocent, criminal = guilty.

Nearly 1.5 million babies, a record, were born to unmarried women in the United States last year. This cannot be good. Even though some are born to couples living together, being a single parent is tough.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home