Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Political Calls


This was the view the other day. Still a lot of green everywhere! Only now are the trees beginning to change.

I get political calls about every night. It is my belief that phone calls will not cause people to vote for one politicial over the other. Most people do not like these types of calls. So why keep doing it? Could be the "just in case" justification. You know "just in case" we find the right person on the other end of the line.

All ads now seem to say "I will create new jobs"..."I will fully fund education"...all the motherhood and apple pie stuff that no one can seem to disagree with. When it comes to jobs, the governor cannot create private sector jobs. His administration may make it easy for industry to create jobs. But unless jobs are added to the government payroll, the governor cannot create a single job.

And who in their right mind would be against fully funding education.

I would like to know where the candidates stand on the Kelo decision. Recall the Supreme Court decision that allows the government to take private land if it is determined that more taxes will be generated by some other activity, such as a mall. No mention thus far that I can see.

Al