Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

At the Gas Station

This has happened before. It really got under my skin tonight.

On the way home from work, I stopped in Narrows to fill up at the Liberty gas station. Gas was $1.99 per gallon, so there were lines at every pump. I thought I wisely chose a pump where there was only one car. It was sitting at the pump with no one around it. I concluded that person was finished pumping their gas.

Once in line, a couple of thing became clear. The person was finished pumping their gas. No one was sitting in the driver's seat. Some one was in the passenger's seat. After I pulled up, the person in the passenger's seat got out of the car. I thought "Alright! He is going to move so I can pull up to the pump." NOPE...that didn't happen. Instead, the guy went into the store! Now, I have a car with no one in it sitting at the pump and in my way. Finally, a few minutes later, the driver comes to the car and moves it. ARRRGGGGGG!

I do not understand why, if cars are lined up behind you to get gas, people will leave their car at the pump and go into the store to pay for the gas, and maybe get a Moon Pie and an RC. Please pull away for the pump when your are finished, then go pay and take your sweet time. I consider this to be a common courtesy. I want to get gas and get on my way!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pumps said...

Al, you were lucky someone cared...
The passenger left the vehicle to
inform the driver of your
impatience...Also remember the
Liberty cashier has to receive
payment for dispensed gas and then
"reset" the pump for you...Pumps

3:01 PM  
Blogger Charlie Bishop said...

Have you ever noticed, Al, my favorite "pet peeve"?
You are entering that convenience store (or any store that has double glass doors) and someone is on their way out at roughly the same time. Invariably, they will attempt to slide past you through the door you opened instead of opening the other door for themselves.
I hate it when people do that.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

The gas station I frequent is Cannaday's in Boones Mill. On each of their pumps is attached a sign that says "Please Park Car Before Paying". So, nearly everyone parks their car before paying. Problem solved.

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... tennis Paradise sport papau new guinea ringtones Modafinil canada zyrtec cell phone blackberry way oldies mp3 Philadelphia microsoft training lottery result acne help prozac digital photography printing 60&aposs eyeglasses

2:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home