Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Rap - The Music of Peace

At a club in NYC, shootings and stabbings at a record-release party for slain rapper, Notorious B.I.G.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit, I am no fan of Rap "music". My reasons are rather simple...and it's not just because I'm white. It has nothing to do with the obvious fact that the majority of Rap performers are African-American (to be politically correct). I am no racist. I have had many friends over the years who are of different racial/cultural/national backgrounds than myself.

Why do I not like Rap? Because it simply espouses violence. It espouses crime. It espouses drug use. It espouses racism (against anyone who is non-black). It espouses sexual activity, primarily among the young, unmarried part of society.

I couldn't help but feel the sarcasm in the original post title..."The Music of Peace". One can never call Rap "peaceful", especially seeing the discord that is widespread even between the various performers.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Pumps said...

anom, try "Music of Piece" as in
booty...Pumps

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. pay per click Hiking checklist Nissan zrx back pain relief stretching video Pop ups pop up blocker Cece winans tshirts Vardenafil india Alien invasion game Ford contour timing belt Asian font acrobat silent install http://www.portable-projector-screen.info Digital photography sharing printing Phentermine of ionamin forte bestellen Buget rent a car frequent rent club Ativan google Hot naked babes on muscle cars refinance http://www.ringtones81.info

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home