Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Alaskan Bridges

Do you recall the bridges that the Alaskan senators requested and receive money for this past years. One was a bridge in Anchorage and the other was a bridge in Ketchikan. The one in Anchorage was called Don Young's Way. And both were ridiculed as a tremendous waste of money.

Well it turn out that Don Young's Way would serve to benefit his son-in-law. It turns out that Don's son-in-law in partners in a LLC that owns "60 acres of unobstructed view property on the Point MacKenzie side of Cook Inlet. The land sits directly across from Elmendorf Air Force Base, north of the Anchorage port and downtown."

This bridge would increase his property value of the 60 acres and greatly benefit Senator Young's son-in-law.

As I have heard many times in my career...its not what you know its who you know. It's nice to have family in high places.

2 Comments:

Blogger Janette said...

G-d help me! I can smell the stink from this Alaskan brigge project all the way here in Florida.

11:41 PM  
Blogger Janette said...

Heh - sorry!

brigge-bridge

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home