Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

21 Canon Salute

I just got to see a part of the inauguration. I did see the swearing in of the Attorney General, the LT. Governor, and the Governor. What was the deal with the 21 canon salute after the Governor's swearing in? It seemed very slow and lasted way to long. The governor was wanting to speak but all he could do was wave to the crowd. He had to wait until the salute was completed.

Plus, I thought it looked funny that everyone had to wear those cheap, thin rain slickers.