Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

West Virginia Tragedy

I have to weigh in on the series of event at that West Virginia mine.

I put the majority of the blame on the new services. I'm am sure it was a happy place when the rumor was circulated that 12 were alive. But, how can the media print stories that have not been confirmed by an official of the company or the state? I believe that no media outlet wanted to be left behind on this story, so they rushed in and reported what everyone wanted to hear.

It seems to me that someone overheard some info, got it mixed up, wanted to be the first to relay the good news, and it then spread like wildfire.

There are no excuses for the media screw up in this situation.