Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Back From Northern Visit

I returned today from 2 1/2 days worth of meetings in the Football Hall of Fame city. Yes, 2 1/2 long days in Akron, Ohio. My motel was actually just 2 exits north the the Football Hall of Fame. No time to visit, so I just looked and dreamt as we passed by. I did notice a big addition on the northern side since I was there last. Next time, maybe I will work my schedule so that I can make at least a half day visit.

The good news is...we ate well. The bad news is...I was two weeks into a diet and needed to be careful on what I ate. After two weeks, I had lost 10 pounds by using the Atkins diet. But once we hit Akron, that diet was shot. I will find out tomorrow how much damage was done. It does not look good for me. However, I did enjoy the food, real pop (Pepsi), and desert!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home