Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hok-ohol


This must be called Hok-ohol (combination of Hokie and alcohol). I found this at the Kroger in Blacksburg, Virginia.

It seems a little strange for a land grant, state university to have an official wine, alcohol, adult beverage. What signal does it send to kids about VT's stand on alcohol. We spend lots of $$$ telling kids not to drink and then put the Hokie bird on this wine....mixed signals.

By the way, isn't there a cheapo wine called Thunder Bird?

4 Comments:

Blogger JP said...

I made my counterblog.

http://jaredscounterblog.blogspot.com

12:06 AM  
Blogger Evil Twin's Wife said...

My dad was a VPI grad, so we are all Hokie fans here. I am the proud owner of a box of Hokie Flakes. (never opened or eaten - rec'd in 1999, so I'm sure they're stale as all get out!). I'll have to take a pic of them for you.

7:37 AM  
Blogger aoc gold said...

The Blossom

(1)

Merry, merry sparrow!

Under leaves so green,

A happy blossom

Sees you, swift as arrow,

Seek your cradle narrow

Near my bosom.

(2)

Pretty, pretty robin!

Under leaves so green,

A happy blossom

Hears you sobbing, sobbing,

Pretty, pretty, robin,

Near my bosom.

-----by maple story account

10:16 PM  
Blogger ting said...

designer fashion handbags
Louis Vuitton
gucci
hermes
chanel
designer fashion handbags
replica Louis Vuitton handbags
replica gucci handbags
replica hermes handbags
replica chanel handbags
designer fashion handbags
designer Louis Vuitton handbags
designer gucci handbags
designer hermes handbags
designer chanel handbags
designer fashion handbags
knockoff Louis Vuitton handbags
knockoff gucci handbags
knockoff hermes handbags
knockoff chanel handbags
designer fashion handbags
cheap Louis Vuitton handbags
cheap gucci handbags
cheap hermes handbags
cheap chanel handbags
designer fashion handbags
discount Louis Vuitton handbags
discount gucci handbags
discount hermes handbags
discount chanel handbags

Louis Vuitton outlet
gucci outlet
chanel purses
hermes birkin

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home