Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Ramblings

A picture of the New River. Looking toward the Narrows and the town of Narrows.

This is the picture from the gabezo at Mountain Lake. When "Dirty Dancing" was filmed here, the water was at this gazebo. Its hard to believe how much is has receded.

I heard one version of the election outcome insist that the Democrats should not be to confident. Democrats were the incumbents in NJ and VA, Killgore gets criticized, even at national levels, for a poor campaign, Bush's satifaction numbers are in the toilet, and still, VA was a squeaker.

What's up with Harry Reid? He wants Bush to promise not to pardon anyone connected with Plamegate. Libby was only indicted on perjery! Just like Bill Clinton was.

Al