Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Global Warming?

Remember during the middle of this past summer Senator Hillary Clinton made a fact finding trip to Alaska to check out global warming? Well it was pretty easy to talk about global warming during August in Alaska.

Maybe she and her delegation should take a trip to the Fairbanks area. Afterall, the the temperature will be as low as -55 degree Fahrenheit!

By the way, did you know, that -40 is a special temperature? It is because -40 Fahrenheit is equal to -40 Celcius.

What about Antartica? Any snow and ice there? According to Nature.com, between 1992 and 2003
the East Antarctic ice sheet gained about 45 billion tonnes of ice - enough to reduce the oceans' rise by 0.12 millimetres per year. The ice sheets that cover Antarctica's bedrock are several kilometres thick in places, and contain about 90% of the world's ice.
So 90% of the world ice is growing thicker and thicker, but we only hear reports about the other 10% that is shrinking.

But guess what this growth in Antartica is caused by (you guessed it)...global warming.

But the panel also expected that climate change would trigger an increase in snowfall over the Antarctic continent, as increased evaporation from the oceans puts more moisture into the air.
All the world's problems are caused by global warming. It is easy to come to this conclusion when you already know the answer you want.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Well, I do believe that Global Warming is real and happening right now. It's not the fault of oil companies, big business, George Bush, steroids in baseball, etc. But, it is happening. The world's climate goes through cycles, always has, always will. It's just that all the left wing idiots forget that scientific data, yet love to use science in an attempt to debunk Christian beliefs.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Pumps said...

Celsius?....What ever happened to
Centigrade?...BTW "right on" with
the post...Pumps

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! charleston southern soccer Kentucky bextra Electric wheelchair repair Dodge little red express Batteries a exercise fitness center low blood pressure Schematic wiring for 2000 chev camaro security system Principal.combest cruise vacations adult toys venlafaxine hydrochloride and solubility Ford f150 truck bed bolt rosacea product list of famous baseball players Camcorders plus.com links gate openers business opportunities Cosmetics in englewood oh ohio winsor pilates 2004 camry se toyota v6

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home