Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bridges



These are not "The Bridges of Madison County", which was a horrible Clint Eastwood movie. Second in poorness only to "Every Which Way But Loose" movies with Clyde the orangutan. Eastwood is best as Dirty Harry and the unshaven cowboy in the spagetti westerns.

These bridges are in Monroe county, West Virginia (top) and Giles county (bottom). Neither has car traffic, but you can walk to each.

Things are back to normal at my house. Wifey and Little One returned on Sunday after a weekend trip into Ohio. I did have a fairly productive couple of days. Got the grass mowed, cleaned the guns, oil changed in the car, watched 4 episodes of "Northern Exposure", and got some sleep.

Northern Exposure captured my attention because it was something I would like to do. A New York doctor has to work in Alaska to repay his med school bill. He lives in the boonies and meets some real interesting people. I more I thought about it, the more I would have like to live it. In my case, the closest I have come to this fantasy is 1 week going from Anchorage, to Homer, to Seward, and back to Anchorage. I am certain a longer stay is in my future. I am trying to convince Wifey of a long term commitment to The Last Frontier.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Clint with guns=good.
Clint with dynamite=better.

Hey, Alaska's not all wine and roses. We have to wait until November to get our checks this year.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home