Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Dimming of the Sun

This may be the next big scare...the dimming of the sun. As I was channel surfing tonight, I saw this show. All one sided with not rebuttal. Now we cannot win because

Climate researcher James Hansen estimates that "global dimming" is cooling our planet by more than a degree Celsius (1.8°F) and fears that as we cut back on pollution, global warming may escalate to a point of no return.

What? Pollution causes dimming of the sun and causes cooling? Stop pollution and global warming escalates! What the heck is going on?

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I believe that rather than the title of "Climate Researcher" Dr. Hansen should have the title, "Chicken Little." As I recall, he's been wrong on every major prediction yet. I need to see who he picks in his football pool so I can pick the other way.

My question - did my SUV cause the current warming being seen on Mars, because, if so, we've got Interplanetary Warming.

Dr. John says - check the Sun. It is a variable star, and hence output can change. Like the huge solar flares we've been seeing recently. It's been out to get us for a while, what with its pesky nuclear power and all.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home