Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Competition for tourists...

Twin Falls State Park near Pineville, West Virginia, looks to bring more tourist traffic to southern West Virginia. Maybe they will stop there and not travel I-77 into southwest Virginia.

Among those developments are a new federal prison in McDowell County, the increasingly popular Hatfield-McCoy Trails system, and construction of the Coalfields Expressway — all indications Twin Falls Resort State Park needs to be prepared for a growing client base among both state residents and out-of-state tourists, officials believe.

It seems there are a finite amount of tourist travelling the area. But everyone is expecting to attract them.

Time will tell.