Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Phobia

This is a view a squirrel would see as it runs up on of the walnut trees near my house.

I found out here, that China has a world record ferris wheel. That reminds me that I absolutely hate riding a ferris wheel. I do have a phobia. A ferris wheel is a couch being rotated around a wheel. All that holds you in is a flimsy metal bar. My worst fear is that the seat will become stuck and as the wheel rotates, I will be tossed out...at the top. My only hope is to hold on tigher than K-Fed is holding on to Britney. Another thing just as bad is swinging the seat when stopped at the top!

Back in the day, the travelling carnival would come to town and set up some very unsafe rides. Some of the more exciting rides were called "The Silver Bullet" and the "Rocko Planes". For me these rides were safe because you were strapped into your seat and in a metal cage. The worst that could happen would be the ride fall apart. But heck, I was in a metal cage so I was protected. The most scary ride was the rickety of ferris wheel. Did not ride it then, won't ride one now, and most definitely will not trek to China to ride the monster.

Here are some views I see between Pembroke, VA, and Union, WV.