Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Has This Ever Happened to You?

You set down for a night of relaxation in front of the tv with a cold drink and a supply of snacks (Lays Potato Chip would be my snack of choice). You have cable, so you click through the channels looking for something good. But no luck. You give it another chance by going back down the channels. Afterall, there were commericals on some channels and of course, you did not wait to see what was on. Still nothing. Your last chance is the pay channels. Up and back down but nothing interests you.

This seems to happen to me a lot. I have cable, so that means about 70 commerical channels PLUS about 20 pay channels. It sucks when you cannot find something to watch in those 90+ channels. Are tv programs horrible? Or am I too hard to please?

Reality tv offers no help. I hate those shows. The Bachelor, Survivor, Great Race, etc. Nothing. The latest craze, Dancing with the Stars and Skating with the Stars are poor excuses for good tv. The old stand bys, sitcoms, all seem to talk about sex or gays.

My relief come in the oldies. The Andy Griffith Show is my favorite and has been for a long time. The early ones, black and white, are the best. Now Jim Nabors may have been playing a gay grease monkey, but it never appeared on the show. It seems that color episodes marked the end on Andy. What about Leave It To Beaver? Another excellent show. I tell Wifey that she should use June Cleaver as an example. June did all the cooking and cleaning dressed ready to go out on the town. Always in heels, a dress, and pearls. Wifey just smiles and rolls her eyes.

For now its long live Nick At Night!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pumps said...

I will take TVL anytime, whether in
black & white or in color...It is
a pity that Bunker and Sanford
could not exist in this new
PC world....Pumps

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home