Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

She Did It Again!

After a long hard day, a man needs to be alone with fire!

The above photo is looking down Route 460 into the community of Ripplemead, just outside Pearisburg. Route 460 once went through Ripplemead. But the construction of the Ripplemead bridge over the New River changed the traffic flow.

Today was the day to go to Christiansburg to pick up our eye glasses. Wifey, Little One, and I packed it up and left late morning. After a quick visit to the eye doctor's office, I thought we were headed for home. Boy, was I wrong. Second stop, Sheetz for gas. That was OK. The idiot light (for gas) was on. So it was needed and it was only $1.999 per gallon. "Head home now?", I asked. "Not yet", was the answer. Next stop - Lane Bryant. There is absolutely nothing in there for men. So Little One and I stayed in the van. She watched a Backyardigans video. When she could stay still no longer, we made a couple tours around the parking lot. Wifey returned and I asked "Home?" The reply was "Nope". Next stop - Target.

We all went in Target. The goal was a George Foreman grill. Got it. Then after checking out the kids books we were off again. I did find a Lynard Skynard 2 CD set for $16 that I would like to have. I told Wifey I would look on ebay. When I told her about it she asked "Who would want that?" I about fainted. I said "Its Lynard Skynard! That why!" No luck finding it on ebay yet.

On to food! Next visit was Quiznoes for a sub. Finshed there now great its time to leave. But noooo. Time to stop at Micheal's. AArrrggg! Nothing for me in there. So, Wifey got dropped off at the door, Little One ate, and I drove around. Wifey returned shortly, and finally it was time to return home.

I complain, but I guess its good that Wifey makes multiple stops during each trip. It saves time and effort. The bad part was we needed to stop at Lowes, but had to bypass it today. Hopefully next time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carl Kilo said...

I worked at Ripplemead many times for Adams const. out of Roanoke. Great pics!

11:40 PM  
Blogger John said...

Fire. Yes.

Trips to town that don't end up with building materials or beer. No.

I weasel the info on her plans out of The Mrs. now. It helps. At least I'm braced for it.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Charlie Bishop said...

The Virginia Blogger's Carnival is up at Im Not Emeril. Go now and check out some of Virginia's other great blogs.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al! You were right next to Home Depot the whole time!! Next trip, give Wifey the keys and have her drop you off there and pick you up on the way home. I could spend half a day drooling in the power tool section.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home