Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Friday, March 03, 2006

This was a firey sunset that we had recently. Clouds make for beautiful sunsets.

I have come to the conclusion that I like blogs that have some pictures. Especially blogs about Alaska and trivia, such as ImNotEmeril. And since I do have a digital camera, it should be easy to up load my pictures into my blog. Therefore, my goal is to spice-up my blog with photos. Expect quantity not necessarily quality. But since a picture is worth 1000 words, it should decrease my typing mistakes.

The other day, Wifey, Little One, and I made a trip to the old fire tower near Mountain Lake, on Salt Pond Mountain. The sun was out and it was fairly warm when we started out. The road was is good shape for a non-paved road. It was rough in only a couple of spots. Little One had recently recovered for a stomach virus. So, all the swaying and bumping caused a little bit of car sickness. She did not puke, but everytime we went over a bump and the truck bounce back-and-forth she said "Whoa, whoa..."



We did not stay too long because it was cold on the mountain. Plus, the view was not great due to a haze in the valley below. Regardless, it was a good trip and we will do it again...this summer.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Very nice sunset pic . . .

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home