Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Farewell Barney...

Farewell Barney Fife, aka Don Knotts, you really brightened tv land.

As Barney he was the heart of the show. His screw ups were always fixed by Andy. Some of the best shows were the ones where Barney and Ernest T. Bass would go at it. When Don Knotts left the show, it went down hill. No need to watch, because there was no magic.

Knotts was also great as "The Incredible Mr. Limpett" and was great in "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken". However, I was disappointed in his role on "Three's Company".

A fellow West Virginian that we all can be proud of. Thanks for the memories, Barney.