Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Friday, May 12, 2006

"Here's Your Sign" Time

On Thursday, I was finally able to pick up my pick up for the GMC dealer in Christiansburg. After about 4 weeks in and out of the shop, it was finally blessed and considered by the GMC dealer to be fixed. I swear I will never own another GMC truck. This thing has been a pain in the butt.

When we arrived to get the truck, the first thing I notice was that the right, back tire looked like the air pressure was low. For Pete's Sake! They just took it out of the garage that day...shouldn't someone have notice? Fine, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Later, I did find the air pressure low.

So, I climb in and crank her up (affectionately called Christine after the Steven King car). Crank once, twice, thrice...she does not start! I know she is out of gas. The gas gage says "F" but I know it does not work. I told the mechanic about this...I guess he figured there was enough gas for him.

After a trip to Wal Mart, for a 5 gallon gas can, and Sheetz for gas, I return to try again.

Picture this: I'm standing by the gas tank, driver side door open, gas cap open, holding a red and yellow plastic can, can nozzle in the truck gas tank, gas can tipped up, liquid flowing, and me looking mad and mumbling to myself.

A man comes out of the dealership, looks at me, looks at the truck, looks at the 5 gallon gas can, and processes all this information. Then walks up to me and asks "Run out of gas?"

I wanted to say "Nope, I'm just checking to see if this can will work when I do run out of gas." OR "Nope, I'm practicing for a NASCAR job."

But I finally said "Yep, sure did" and thought to myself HERE'S YOUR SIGN.

If you can think of a good answer for this "Here's Your Sign" question, I would like to hear it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Roanoke RnR said...

What I find strange Al is that the dealership did not put gas in the tank themselves, even a gallon or two before you came and picked it up. I own an auto repair shop and we keep gas on hand just for such an occassion. Methinks you might want to think twice before going back to the dealer.

"Run out of gas?"
"Nah, after paying your bill and with the price of gas I could only afford to put one gallon in, so rather than waste gas driving to the pump I figured I bring the gas here."

10:39 AM  
Blogger John said...

"Nah, just siphoned yours. I've got plenty now."

2:43 PM  
Blogger Pumps said...

"Run out of gas?"
"I guess so, say tell me does E
on the gas gauge stand for enough?"

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home