Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

New Format...

I like the format of John and Glenn & Dianne so much that I decided to copy mimic impersonate IMITATE their writings.

We made another trip to West "by Gawd" Virginia this weekend. No one in West Virginia ever says that. I have no idea how it got started.

There were horses



And one pot-belly pig.

The horses were all very friendly. Little One got to ride 2 and even turned down another. The pig was kinda cool. Its belly drug the ground and it snorted made all sorts of strange noise. But it did let Little One and the Wife pet it. I did not pet it. I did think out loud about "man, that sure would make a lot of pork rinds." I was informed that these pigs do not taste good and do not make for good eatin'.

Gotta go...the still needs attention and I need to put in a wad of REDMAM.

5 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Hey, I like that format! :)

The pig looks huge. I'm sure the pig wants you to think it wouldn't taste good. Nor would the owner. I bet it would make tassssty bacon.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Pumps said...

Like the new choice of format...
It fits the opinions of a modern
"back-woods Colonial"....And I say
that lovingly....Pumps

5:11 PM  
Blogger Glenn & Dianne said...

Nice Site. You have some really great pics. Love the pig - I need to get one for winter “just in case”.

P.S. great format :)

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I have faced it. We can communicate on this theme. Here or in PM.

2:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I join. I agree with told all above.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home