Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Dessert Time!


At my house we always have dessert after a meal. Every night after supper, I ask the Wife "What's for dessert?" If there is nothing store bought, then we will make something. Tonight's dessert is pictured above.

We call these things Preacher cookies. I don't know why. But we also call them Marco turds, and I know why.

When I attended Marshall University I always ate in the campus cafeteria. Some nights the meat was unrecognizable. The meat was named Marco turds. Marco was a buffalo and was the mascot of the Marshall University Thundering Herd.

Therefore, these little dessert jewels are akin to moist turds that drop and flatten out. Silly name but good sweets.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home