Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Catching Up

What a weekend. I had 4 days off! Yea! But it was too hot, upper 80s to low 90s, to do much work outside. So, the Wife and I scheduled a babysitter and decided to spend the evening on the town. Actually it was only 3 hours, but who is complaining.

We looked for a movie that both of us wanted to see. Her choice was "The Lake House", a chick flick. But she had mercy on me and did not make me go see it. My choice was "Pirates of the Caribbean", but it was not playing yet.

Instead, we had dinner at Logan's Roadhouse and then did the thing every couple does when they get a few hours of spare time. We shopped for a refrigerator. It took 2 trips to Sears, but we did purchase a new fridge. It cost as much as a Heckler & Koch USP 9mm. But everyone benefits from a fridge while only I would get excited about a handgun.

I have made a break through on my objective to convince the Wife to move to Alaska. Usually, when I ask she rolls her eyes or shakes her head or says "No" or some combination of these. This time the conversation went like:

"When can we move to Alaska?"
"When Little One becomes a Teenager."
"Whoa! Good! When she turns 13, right?"
"No, maybe 16."
"Why then?"
"That will be a good time to dress her in a parka and some mukluks."

She actually said "mukluks". She must be reading Alaska blogs or my Alaska Magazine while I'm not home.

Let me sipher some. Little One is almost 3...so in about 13 years I'll be in my 50s...I'll have to wait a long time. But I'll take it! Maybe she is warming up to the ideal. I'll keep working on her.

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Ah, see, you need to point out that you should get the full benefit of the permanent fund dividend - $1000/person, you need to come now.

I have a spare fridge. I'll never have a spare gun. But don't get the 9mm, hold out for at least a .45, or better yet a .44.

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Penis exercise tell how to to them dealer isuzu new york online basketball betting pee wee herman arrest Search hairy pakastani girls com fiat punto bodykit Cuyahoga falls city schools Low level format program for hard drives Pontiac trans am firehawk shopper drug mart buspar ru free preview jenna jameson tour pee Days inn ann arbor mi pissing in mouths Internet affiliate online promotion business marketing Paris hilton red light district Hemorrhoids pain relief

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home