Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Chocolate



"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands -- and then eat just one of the pieces." - Judith Viorst

I don't know who Judith Viorst is, but I believe she is right about chocolate and strength. Who, I wonder, can stop eating chocolate after one bite. Surely not I. Speaking of chocolate, my favorite chocolate is not milk chocolate (I will eat it if in a pinch), but rather dark chocolate, and, expecially, the semi-sweet chocolate chips as seen above. I can sit and eat those by the handfuls. Or, I can put a few between my cheek and gum and just let them dissolve. Either way, they are very, very, good.

I started on the Adkins diet on Monday. I have been on this Adkins Diet a couple of other times. And the first couple of days are always the same. When I cease my intake of caffiene and sugar, I get a headache. This time, my eyes even ached. My goal on this diet is to loose 10% of my body weight, and I have until December 15 to get it done.

This really changes my life style. Gone are the sweets that I crave after a meal, or sometimes for no apparent reason. Chips and Cheetos are gone. Mountain Dew and Pepsi are out...diet 7Up, caffiene-free/unsweetened tea, and Diet Rite pop are now in. And no more of my recent favorite...barbaque Corn Nuts! No more pizza or hot dogs, but plenty of meat, cheese, and eggs. Adkins is low carbs, not low fat. Sure would like to have one of those reindeer sausages that I had on my trip to Anchorage

I am thinking of the perfect reward for reaching my goal. Maybe some special meal...like a reindeer sausage in downtown Anchorage. Or, maybe even a handgun!

"Hello Dr. Fleischman, mooseburger or caribou dog?" - Ed to Joel, Northern Exposure

3 Comments:

Blogger High Desert Wanderer said...

Eat only one... Dark Chocolate... I'm not that strong.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Pumps said...

Eat what you want...Just make sure
your daily calorie intake does not
exceed 1200...Got the wife to lose
50#...Boy, did she enjoy the one
slice of pizza every six months...

4:39 PM  
Blogger John said...

mmmmm, chocolate.

Also, yay Atkins.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home