Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Diet Time


This is a sure sign that Fall is right around the corner.

It is time for me to get serious about a diet. I have tinkered with diets for a few years now. Now it must take center stage, like Eddie van Halen during his guitar sole in a Van Halen concert. The reason is that my britches are beginning to tighten. That is not a good thing. Recently, my food groups consisted of Little Debbies, chips, and sugar. Time to go on the Adkins special for a couple of weeks. During that time, my food groups will be eggs, cheese, and fat.

Loosing weight should be simple. Eat less and exercise more. The only problem with that scenario is that it is no fun. After supper, I need to get that greasy taste out of my mouth. Now better way that with Rocky Road ice cream. Now that will stop. Maybe a packet of Splenda will do the trick...probably not.

I do have a support group from work to help. There is a group who put up some money to start a Weight Loss competition. Set a goal, reach it, and be eligible for some cold hard cash. My goal is 20 pounds...the maximum allowed in the contest. Most people choose 20 pounds.

Good news and bad news. Bad news...we have a boat load of junk food in the house right now.

This stuff for example....

Good new...I start my diet on Monday. So I have this weekend to enjoy food and try not to eat like a bear getting ready for winter. Contest will end about 15 weeks from now.

Who knows, maybe Little Debbie will not be my mistress after 15 weeks.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Atkins makes you less hungry. The first week is the toughest, but, remember . . . mmmmm steak.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home