Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Mountain Lake

Took a trip to Mountain Lake on Saturday. Looks like it may soon be called Mountain Pond. This gazebo was once at the edge of the water. Look at it now.

The water has receded so much that it takes a little hike just to reach it.

The dock on the left was the loading area for a boat that took people to the other end of the lake.

Warning! Warning! Danger Will Robinson! (From a flash back of my Lost In Space watching days.)

This is a view that was only available from a boat in the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home