Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Jump

"Might as well jump. Jump. Go ahead and jump." Van Halen

Little One is a jumper. First it was little stuff like running through the house jumping into the air and then keep on running. Next, it was standing in my recliner and jumping into the floor. Then it was jumping from the coffee table to the love seat, couch, or floor.

Now she has stepped it up a notch. She stands on the stairs and jumps into the dog' s pillow bed. The dogs are gone of course. But she loves it.




We went to Wal Mart in Christiansburg tonight for one of our many trips to Wal Mart each week. But first we stopped at the Cold Stone Creamery because The Wife wanted to and she had a coupon! Two things caught my eye. One, even though it was 38 degrees, there were still kids in shorts running around. And two, there were also some kids in flip-flop, aka shower shoes. At what temperature do kids wear long britches and real shoes?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al, I have pics of highschool kids from ROTC outside in t-shirts taking down the flag at temps below zero. During our inbriefing we were told that teens do not dress for the weather no matter how cold it gets. I thought it couldn't be true, but it certainly is. My daughter said girls don't like to wear parkas because the coats make them look fat. I wonder what the guy's reasons are? Crazy kids.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hello fellow NRV blogger! I've enjoyed reading over your writing linked from Hillbilly Savants. Feel free shoot us an e-mail if you would ever like to join in on the contributions over there.
-Mike

9:08 AM  
Blogger Eric Drummond Smith said...

To second Mike, I hope you don't mind that we featured your blog on Savants this week - I became a fan right after I started reading it. Keep of the good work.
e.-

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home