Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Takin' A Trip



I saw this contraption setting on the bed in our bedroom. Being a southern, redneck, hillbilly, my mind went straight to the gutter. "Wow momma talk to daddy!" Come to find out that this will be used at a bridal shower this weekend. Boy was I disappointed.

Speaking of baby shower, we get to make a 6 hour trip to Ohio this weekend. Ohio, the reason Denali is named McKinley. Ohio is pretty flat and all the roads seem to be perpendicular to one another. We always have a good time when we visits the Wife's kin folk. This should be no exception. My goal is to do a little fishing...and make use of the fancy chocolate fondue fountain. Abundant, flowing chocoalte...can anything be better?

I finally traded off the 97 green, 4x4, GMC truck that was costing us a fortune in mechanics bills. We bought a 06 Dodge Dakota, Club Cab. Pretty nice. I like it. But it needs a tilt steering wheel. I will be named SOP, for Son Of Pongo. Pongo was the 90 Chevy 4x4 I had before Green Satan came into our life. Pongo was a good truck, but had a bad paint job. It had lots of spots causing it to look like a Dalmation, therefore Pongo from 101 Dalmations.

This is Little One jumping "without a net".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home