Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Pictures of the day....

These monuments are in Glen Lyn, VA. They are not the dedicated to the Gods of Fire, Wind, Rain, and Sun. Instead, they are reminders of a railroad track that once crossed the New River. Gone, but not forgotten.

Looking downstream from these columns, you can see Route 460 as it crosses the New River near the Glen Lyn power plant.

This is a photo near the New River looking toward Route 460.
The night was cloudy and windy. This combination, along with a half-full moon made this picture.

While taking pictures today at Glen Lyn, I had a little accident. A combination of loose rock, fallen leaves, and a steep creek bank left me a little reminder that blogging is a contact sport...Ouch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home