Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Night Moon and Dogs

A full moon and a cloudy night made for an interesting photo as the moon rose over the mountain across from my home. The streaks near the bottom are cars on Route 460.

These are the two dogs that live at my house. Each is about 80 pounds. The black dog is lucky to be alive. When we lived in Edinburg, VA, we had a long driveway. Every evening when I would come home from work, the dogs would run beside the truck and bark. Wifey told me to "slow down, you are going to hit them." My response was "they will move." Well...one day they were chasing the truck like normal, then the brown dog nipped at the back legs of the black dog...black dog shot out in front of the truck...I was maybe going 30 mph...then thump...thump...I ran over him with both tires!

He got up and ran to the porch. After a visit to the vet, it was determined there was nothing broken but he would be sore for a few weeks...Ya Think! He healed fine, but I believe is out to get me. Black dog was a lucky dog that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home