Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Place I Hate To Go

Wifey, Little One, and I made a trip to Roanoke to get Little One a swing set. Looks like my honey-do list just a little longer for this weekend. My truck, which was in the shop yesterday ran fine on the way to work. But on the way home, that darn "Check Engine Light" came on again. We took it to Roanoke, and it did OK. But I fear something just ain't right.

First stop in Roanoke was Sams. I believe we stop there every time. Second stop was Toys-R-Us, the home of the friendly giraffe. We got the swing set and we were off.

Then came the question from Wifey, "Can we stop at Jo Anne Fabrics, I have to run in and get one thing? You and Little One can stay in the truck." Sounded like it would be quick enough, so I agreed. We stopped, she went in, and Little One and I ate some Fritos.

After she came back with three (NOT ONE) items, I asked for some clarification. I asked: "When you say you need to get one thing, does that mean you know exactly what it is and where it is? Or does that mean you know a general item, say fabric, but you still have to hunt it and then decide which fabric you want?" The answer was that she knew exactly and the other 2 items were found better the check out line and the primary item. Hmmmm, I don't know if I am buying that explanation.

Which bring me to my point. There are some places I hate to go into.

1. Michael's
2. Jo Anne Fabric
3. Baby Clothes stores
4. Wacamaw Pottery (when it was still in Roanoke) or Dixie Pottery (around Bristol, TN)
5. Kohl's

There is nothing to keep me occupied in any of these store!
5.