Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Truck troubles

Truck trouble today, but at least it was a cool blue night, with a full moon.


My truck has been in the repair shop a lot this winter. It was there today. The "Check Engine" light was on and the truck had no power. The mechanic said it needed a larger catalytic converter. The current one was a restriction to the exhaust flow.

All fixed, new converter, new converter, and peace of mind...NOT.

We headed for Roanoke about 6 pm. Little One needed a swing set. We were headed for Toys-R-Us, happy as can be. The first mountain between Pembroke and Christiansburg went ok. I thought I noticed something on the second mountain. But it couldn't be. Afterall, I just got the truck out of the shop. Then I saw it...sticking out like a sore thumb...the "Check Engine" light was on AGAIN!

Maybe we could get to Roanoke and back. At least we might try. A stop a Wendy's changed my mind. The truck was now idling rough. Better head back to Pembroke. So we turned back with one very sad little girl.

The truck did horrible on the way back. No power, missing bad, down right poor engine performace.

I dropped Wifey off to get her van while I hobbled to the mechanic. I had to leave it again.

This truck, GMC, has been a lot of trouble.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pumps said...

Play with Yahoo Group 'Autorepair'
It's public and has a great search
data base...Pumps

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home