Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Stuff Goin' On At My House...

OK, Ms DumBum ain't your teacher today, I am, and I have a headache and the runs. So I say, time for recess! -----Dewey Finn, School Of Rock



"I see sick people..." That is what I can say now. The boy came home from school and promptly contracted strep throat. He has spent the past couple of days squirreled away in his bedroom. Says he is hurting everywhere. Well, I came home today and he was on his laptop computer (I don't have a laptop). He is too sick to clean his room but even though he is sick, he is well enough for his girlfriend to come visit...sounds fishy to me.

Recently, Little One has had a hard time sleeping. She wakes at least a couple of times each night. Yesterday the doctor said she had Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. I said "What the heck is that? Never heard of it before." I find out is is fairly common among little kids. Still, it was new to me. Since Little One has been getting up, Wifey has been getting up too. Needless to say, after getting up at night and being with a whiney "almost" 3 year old, Wifey desreves a break. I do what I can, but it ain't enough. Wifey is a saint when it comes to Little One.

Speaking of sleep, some one told me that once you have kids, you never get a good night's sleep ever again. For us, the last really good night's sleep was in 1983, just prior to #1 son making his appearance. Hello kids...good bye sleep.

Recently Ms. E. gave a poor review of "King Kong" (link). Well some one at my house rented it and we watched in on Sunday. I am here to say Ms. E. was right. After seeing Jack Black as the likeable guy in "School of Rock", it was difficult to buy him as the greedy, bad guy in this movie. Kong took too long to get to the monkey business and that darn monkey was too human...I think he had the hots for Ann Darrow. It reminded me of another epic remake I did not like...Titanic. This movie took to long to get to the iecberg. Remakes keep getting worse and worse. I should have took Ms. E's advice and done something productive instead of sitting through "King Kong". Maybe that is why people are sick at my house....hmmmm.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

See, if Kong had been, say, Kong Hazzard, well, then you'd have had a movie.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home