Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Time At VT

This week I am spending time at Virginia Tech. Its a week long technical class. This one has been odd because Monday and Tuesday nights was has lecture from 7 pm to 9 pm after being there from 8 - 5!

The class is at the new Inn at Virginia Tech. It is very nice. Lunch there has been first rate. At lunch I have been walking around and checking out the campus. It too is very nice. We spend part of today working in a lab in a brand new building.

I may be beginning to like the school. While there this week, there were several class reunions going on. Alumni seem to come back, they seem to like the school, there seems to be a connection with the school. College for me was a chore...I did not like it and was glad to get out. Maybe if I would have graduated from VT, I would feel different. If I do start liking the school, it will be for the acedemics, and not the athelitics.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home