Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Celebration Time in Pearisburg

Pearisburg was established 200 years ago. The Bicentennial Celebration was this weekend on the courthouse lawn.



One of the interesting things to see was this Civil War ambulance. According to the re-inactors, all ambulances looked the same...they were square.There is a Civil War memorial on the lawn. It was erected July 3, 1909.
The courthouse was built in 1836. When the top was taken off to be refurbished, they found bullets from the Civil War.
Dedicated to Civil War heroes.

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Nice pictures!

12:44 AM  
Blogger confederateson said...

Very nice. Go to my site and scroll down to my flickr banner. Go to my pictures and see some photos of Confederate memorials in Suffolk, Va.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home