Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Bad Part of Town



This is the bridge that crosses the New River at Ripplemead, just east of Pearisburg. It is a very nice 4-lane bridge. However, there is a problem. This area can be used as a hang out for some people. And most of us know that where ever kids are you have the potential for a couple of things. Drinking and grafetti.

It seems that Giles county has a group of people that believe any large vertical surface is fair game for messages...aka grafetti. As you can see below, some are not very nice. I am sure we have our share of trouble making kids in Giles county, but it is a shame to see this bridge used for hateful messages and stupid drawings.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home