Al's Rantings

A view of the world from a hillbilly perspective.

Name:
Location: Virginia

I was born and went to school in the heart of the Appalachian mountains, in southern West Virginia. After graduating from college, I got married, and began working in Bristol, TN. I have have various jobs from Tennessee to up state New York and a few points between. Now I work in West Virginia. Some day, I want to live in Alaska.

Friday, March 17, 2006

On The Road Again...

I just got back from a business trip. I left on Tuesday and got back on Friday.

Take a look at some of the places I visited. The photo at the bottom of this post will tell you exactly where I was.




I made some observations during my cross country trip. First, it seems to me that people care little about their appearace. Especially young people. This comes from a boy who use to wear polyester. I saw kids in beat up jeans and wrinkled t-shirts who were wearing old flip-flops. They looked like they should be lined up outside begging. Instead they were making airline flights. Sweat pants were seen often, blue jeans were on 95% on the people in the airport, young and old. What really caused me to shake my head is disbelief were business men wearing nice shirts and sport coats AND faded blue jeans and tennis shoes. Is this the new style for business men?

I think you should be comfortable when travelling. BUT...have some pride in appearance!

Second is the techno-revolution. Many people walking through the airport on their cell phone. Some with the new phone the attaches to your ear. Also common were PDAs and i-pods. The guy sitting next to me on one flight had it all...cell phone, PDA, and i-pod. How did we survive without all this stuff?

Travel...got to have the gadgets if you want to look cool.

Here is where I went.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Fuhrman said...

I was in San Diego last summer. It is one of the most beautiful cities on earth. But all the local men seemed to try their best to look gay. I don't know why.

9:20 AM  
Blogger John said...

Heh. I see people up here wearing work jackets patched with duct tape. Gotta love Fairbanks.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! I was stationed there in 79-80. I didn't recognize any of those pictures! Of course, there were none taken inside a bar either...

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! »

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home